Position : Strategy and Product Development Manager
Manager, Strategy and Product Development plays a key role in the Company’s research for new products, product enhancements and product redesign to meet the customer’s needs. The Manager will also be responsible for the development and management of the Company’s Open Source Strategy.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field;
- A minimum of five (5) years in ICT Strategy and/or Product development of software products;
- + Develop and maintain the company goals and long-term strategy.
- + Identify suitable products in concert with customer needs and business model.
- + Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- + Plans and formulates of Open Source research, develop proposals, costing models, equipment and human resource requirements.
- + Evaluate current business models based on proprietary solutions and propose new business models based on Open Source solutions.
- + Examine the profitability of each product and line of business in order to re-direct resources.
- + Develop methods for motivating and inspiring stakeholders.
- + Leverage professional networks to attain critical resources.
- - Project management skills; ability to push projects to conclusion; aligning resources, getting input of constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results;
- - Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged;
- - Must have strong interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- - Strong presentation and negotiation skills.
- - Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application closing date
Open Date: Saturday 6th May 2017
Close Date: Tuesday 23rd May 2017
The job may sometimes require travel in and outside Botswana.
Applications have be closed.